Monday, April 23, 2012

submitted today

For the past few days (except the weekend) I've been at the computer in "writer's mode" every morning.  The goal is to be started by nine o'clock or soon thereafter, and write for 20 minutes, break for ten, write 20, break 10, etc., until noon.  So far, this has produced two short stories.  (I still can't get my head into the novel I'm supposed to be writing.) 
The goal this time was to have a middle grade mystery story (900 words) submitted to the contest at Children's Writer by the April 30th deadline. 
The first story I wrote was okay, but I realized when it was done that it was not a mystery.  It was an adventure.  Okay--the next day, I used the same characters and wrote a mystery called "The Case of the Missing Baby-Sitter".  I polished it a few times, and this morning I submitted it online to the contest.  Fingers crossed!
Writing again, through the mushy brain.  I find the write 20/break 10 routine works for me.

No comments: