Saturday, March 8, 2014

Lent 2014

Lent 2014 has not had a very good start, I think.  Although we did get to Ash Wednesday service at the cathedral--very grand this year--big congregations, and the Dean and Archdeacon were the presiders.  But I've decided not to give anything up this year, but to take something on, instead.  Last year I went vegetarian for the 40 days, and got bored silly with the Jenny Craig selections that had no meat.  Pasta & cheese dishes ad nauseum.  So, this year, I want to work on that psalm project I've started but have been avoiding for the past couple of years.  Wouldn't it be nice to complete that?  Not much done so far.  I might do better with it if I went back to the blogsite I started some time ago, and used that rather than fill all the various notebooks I've started.  So why do I say Lent has not had a good start?  Because I have done precious little about the psalms.

No comments: