Tuesday, April 21, 2009

5 hard questions

One of the lists I subscribe to is Writers Online Workshops.com. It's interesting, but last year I made a mistake and signed on for a course, and paid for it, only to find the course had already started and I would be unable to catch up (while traveling). I immediately sent them a message that I wanted out, but nothing happened. So, I'm quite leery about signing on for any more courses from them. I have no reason to believe that they aren't legitimate, but I'm not happy with their lack of response (and lack of refund).
Anyway, the title of this post is "5 hard questions". It comes from a short article that appeared on their site today, "5 Hard Questions You Must Answer to Succeed". I agree they are hard, but important, so I'll try them out here. First, "Who are your favourite authors and why?" That's not too hard, but my list is quite long and changes as years go by. Of course, I love JK Rowling. I also enjoy Eric Walters. My favourite all-time author is Richmal Crompton, who wrote "William" books for her nephew over 50 years ago. In fact, they're set mostly in the 1920s, I think. I remember being grateful to her when I lived in London, England, 1949-52, in terrible conditions.

No comments: