Sunday, June 14, 2009

health stuff

Everything happens at once. A couple of days ago, I had an appointment with my physician to get a referral letter for my ophthamologist. By the way, I said, I had been bitten by a nasty bug. So I had to go to the emergency room at the hospital to have it checked further. My hubby had come along because he had a rash that the doctor should look at. And a sore finger. Would you believe that meant he had to go to the emergency room, too. For the rash. For the finger he got an appointment with a plastic surgeon! Well, we know all about emergency rooms in Vancouver hospitals. So first, we went to have something to eat and to pick up some reading materials. Yup. Four hours at emergency. Don't know what my hubby got out of it, but I had my blood tested THREE times! And a prescription for antibiotics against a possibility of Lyme disease. And I have to contact another doctor about it. But that's not all. No, next day I had to get into see the dentist due to a throbbing toothache. Then to another dentist for part one of a root canal. So if I haven't blogged much, now you know why.
Oh, and those antibiotics: I can't have any dairy or calcium within 2 hours of taking the capsules (1 twice a day). So meals and pills are a real juggling routine. Grrr. I'm not used to having health issues. Don't like it. :(

No comments: