Friday, June 15, 2018

I'm Back Part Three

Still in North Wales, Dalgallau was of particular interest for a couple of reasons. First, it's the town where our host was born. Not only that, but the house that is now the B&B where we stayed, was once the maternity hospital. Taff was born in the very room my daughter and I stayed in. It sounds phony, but the host and hostess of the B&B assured us it was the truth. And in a town as small as Dalgallau everyone knows everything about everyone.
The B&B was very quaint. Each room had a particular character connected with a story. Our room was called "Secret Garden" and was decorated with flowers and animals. The room across from us was "Narnia" and another room was "Alice in Wonderland". Taff's room in the attic was called "Number Six"--which apparently has something to do with "The Prisoner", or maybe it's the other way around. I'm not familiar with that book.
This village was more accessible for me. I was able to walk around, have lunch in a tea house, and so on, while my daughter climbed mountains and followed streams to the sea.

Then we moved on to Porthmadog.

No comments: