Monday, March 16, 2009

the past ten days

The past ten days have been mostly devoted to family and friends. I taught Sunday School last Sunday. It's odd having the children only once every four or five weeks. I have a hard time remembering their names, and that's not good. Tuesday, March 10th, was my first day at kindergarten this year. It's fun helping them with their reading and writing. It amazes me how well some of these little ones can read. They love counting things, too. It was day 69, I think, so day 100 will be coming up in a few weeks. I have to think of something I can bring for day 100. Last time I brought a package of 100 paper clips, and the teacher set them out, ten at a time on pieces of paper. Another time I gave them a roll of 100 pennies. I'll have to think of something different this time. This coming Tuesday is in spring break, so I won't see the little ones again until March 24th--the day before my next UBC Farm day.

No comments: