Thursday, March 5, 2009

TSSF profession

Today I received a letter from the provincial chaplain of the Third Order of the Society of St. Francis, saying I have been elected to profession. It's a long journey. About four and a half years ago, I became an enquirer. Next, I spent at least six months as a postulant. I've spent the rest of the time as a novice. This means that all of this time I've been learning what it is to be a Franciscan by reading about St. Francis and studying the formation literature. To keep on track, I've been obliged to send my formation counselor monthly reports of my progress and my adherence to my Franciscan Rule of Life. Also, as part of following my Rule, I've had to study scripture and consult monthly with my spiritual director and go to confession at least once a year.
So now, I have just to have my profession service and send a copy of my certificate.

No comments: