Wednesday, August 1, 2018

I'm so disappointed!

I just found out that the Surrey International Writers' Conference 2018 is sold out. All except the Sunday Only package. Well, I'm not going to travel all the way to the Coast for a solitary day. Especially since Greyhound is cancelling all but one Western Canadian routes. (The exception, unfortunately, is not the route I need.)
Serves me right, I guess. I should have known. This conference is probably the best in the world (so I've been told by some internationally famous authors who are presenters on a regular basis).  There are people like Anne Perry, Diana Gabaldon, Elizabeth George, and so on. (Men too, but these are the ones I always like to see when they're here.) These aren't here every time, but this is the calibre of speaker we are used to at the Surrey Conference. I've been to several, and volunteered at a few. Never a waste of time or money, even though it is rather expensive. Especially if you stay in the hotel, but there are several other hotels to choose from.
So, for 2019, I have to start watching for early registrations and get my name in quickly. No procrastinating.
No bus next year, of course. I'll have to fly. I hate airports but absolutely will not drive. I wish that a train was a possibility, but no such luck.
I'm just plain disappointed.

No comments: