Monday, May 11, 2009

keeping out of mischief

I don't know why I'm so busy. At least, why I can't get to the blog more often. I knew when I started this that it would certainly not be a daily thing. But twice a month is not quite good enough. Weekly would be all right, IMHO.
So what have I been doing this month. Well, the kindergarten teacher hasn't been well, so I haven't been to kindergarten for a couple of weeks. Hopefully, I'll be there tomorrow morning. I miss those little folk.
I did get to the UBC farm last Wednesday, though, and that's every two weeks now. We learned how to make compost tea. A most unappetizing brew, indeed. Then, watching the youtube video from the City Farm on how to start a compost, I learned a fourth way to make compost tea. I also learned that we haven't been composting exactly right. So, we may have to start over if this lot isn't cooking properly. I haven't put in enough paper. Didn't put in any sand at all. And maybe been adding too much in the way of food stuff and coffee grounds. Okay. If at first we don't succeed, we're like most other people--or at least we should read the directions.

No comments: