Tuesday, August 31, 2010

well, actually....

In my last post I said something about getting my ms back from Lorimer. If you read any earlier posts on that subject, you'd see that I didn't get anything back from Lorimer. Not even an e-mail reply. Just time lapses with nothing. Then, someone enlightened me that Lorimer does not deign to communicate unless it is to accept something. So, after wasting a few months waiting in ignorance, I finally got the book back into the swing from publisher to publisher. I'm beginning to think of it as a sort of dodgeball game with my ms as the ball being dodged by one and all. Most depressing. However, must keep it in the air if I hope to get it published. And I do hope to get it published. It's hard enough to accept rejection, though, but being totally ignored is worse! At least with rejection, it's possible to know that it's time to move on.
I've told Coteau Books that they have the ms exclusively until February 2011. Then, in March 2011 I intend to send it to the next in the queue. Well, that is if Coteau hasn't decided to publish the book. I can still hope for that! Until February.

No comments: