Tuesday, December 29, 2009

resolutions for 2010 part 2

Amazing that I forgot my own health! I just don't want to diet, and I don't want to exercise. But I really must do both. At least exercise. That's the important component. I don't binge. My appetite is not very large. I have a small plate that is set aside for MY meals (so that I avoid the "man-sized" servings that my hubby and son like to load up for me when it's their turns to make dinners). But, like it or not, I really must--for my own sake--lose about 20 lbs. Thirty pounds would be better, but I'm not likely to maintain that, even if I do achieve it. I won't go to Weight Watchers, because lectures don't help. I probably won't go back to Jenny Craig because it's too expensive. I could eat the Lean Cuisine dinners and Smart Ones, but they are very high in sodium and that won't help my high blood pressure. Losing weight is not easy! Exercise is something I can do (even just going for a daily 30-minute walk), whether I like it or not. If I don't want to do it every day, I must do it a minimum of 3 days a week. I must do it.

No comments: